Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
Muslim Advocates, a national legal advocacy and educational organization, is seeking applications from law students for Summer 2021 internships in our Washington, DC office. During COVID restrictions, this position will be remote. Muslim Advocates interns will participate in a wide range of activities and will join an organization working on the frontlines of some of the nation’s most pressing civil rights issues. Interns will be expected to work full time for a period of at least ten weeks.
Muslim Advocates provides expert representation in the courts, the policy making process, and in the public dialogue so that American Muslims and all people can live free from discrimination. We litigate, educate, and advocate to uphold our country’s promise of equal treatment under the law for all Americans — and we get results. We are a big tent organization that recognizes the rich and full diversity of the American Muslim community in race, sex, place of birth, ability, income, education, gender identity, sexual orientation, sect of worship and level of religiosity. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
- Draft and prepare legal memoranda and other legal documents.
- Participate in factual investigation and discovery review.
- Create non-legal advocacy materials in support of education and outreach efforts.
- Other projects related to Muslim Advocates’ legal, policy, and civic education work as they arise.
- Current first, second, or third-year law student.
- Strong research, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse groups of people in a collaborative work environment.
- Commitment to Muslim Advocates’ mission.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, references, and a 3-5 page legal writing sample via https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/3fybEPwTgq/Legal-Internship-Summer-2021.
To ensure consideration, please apply before February 26, although applications will be considered on a rolling basis and may be considered after that date.