Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
Muslim Advocates seeks a dedicated and diligent office manager to join our team in Washington, DC. We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This is an opportunity for someone who is well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative opportunities of supporting every aspect of a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. The office manager reports to the Director of Operations and Organizational Effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures employees have the right tools and environment to do their best work by maintaining office facilities, IT and other technology, systems, and equipment; coordinating team building activities and professional trainings for staff; and serving as primary greeter for visitors.
- Manages relationships and invoices with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manages employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Supports benefits administration by facilitating staff participation in benefits plans and managing communications with benefits brokers.
- Assists with financial administration and record keeping, such as ensuring timely and accurate payroll and accounts payable.
- Minimum two years of experience in an office management or administrator role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills that enable you to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solver and relentlessly solutions-oriented, with a high level of flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Trustworthy, discreet, loyal and ability to maintain strict confidences and deploy sound judgment when handling sensitive material.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Apple, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google services (mail, calendar, documents).
- A commitment to social justice and Muslim Advocates’ values and mission.
Compensation & Benefits
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Founded in 2005, Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org