Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
The Digital Associate manages the online advocacy and properties of Muslim Advocates, including a website and social media accounts and an active email engagement and list growth program. The ideal candidate is comfortable taking on a full range of tasks from the high-level to the mundane, can translate complex concepts into actionable written and designed materials, is comfortable learning EveryAction and WordPress software, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This hire will report to our Public Advocacy Director. The Public Advocacy Department is the communications and campaigns arm of Muslim Advocates that engages with the public, visions and executes public pressure campaigns, and grows the public profile of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Takes on online-driven campaigns that include broadcast emails, social media posts, and actions to engage supporters and grow our organizational footprint.
- Manages all of Muslim Advocates’ online properties, including a WordPress web site, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Manages and executes the organization’s email and social media editorial calendar.
- Executes the organization’s email engagement, online fundraising, advertising and list-growth plans.
- Experience in digital media content production and strategy development, email list management and/or online fundraising at an advocacy or political organization.
- An eye for effective design and multimedia content.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong editing skills required; proven ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work in a rapid response environment with great attention to detail.
- Initiative, energy, and judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; highly organized and interest in civil rights issues. Can-do spirit and a sense of humor.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least two samples of relevant work product (including, but not limited to writing samples, campaign plans, social media content). Interested candidates should apply online to this link: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/flbo4I4gh3/Digital-Associate