Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
The Digital Advocacy Officer executes Muslim Advocates’ online advocacy, education and fundraising initiatives.
This hire will be based in our Washington, DC office and report to our Public Advocacy Director. The Public Advocacy Department is the communications and campaigns arm of Muslim Advocates that engages with the public, visions and executes public pressure campaigns, and grows the public profile of the organization.
The Digital Advocacy Officer will be comfortable taking on a full range of tasks from the high-level to the mundane, is a strong writer, is comfortable learning EveryAction and WordPress software, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Takes on online-driven campaigns that include broadcast emails, social media posts, and actions to engage supporters and grow our organizational footprint.
- Manages all of Muslim Advocates’ online properties, including a new WordPress web site, Twitter, and Facebook pages.
- Manages and executes the organization’s email and social media editorial calendar.
- Manages and executes the organization’s email engagement, online fundraising, advertising and list-growth plans.
- Designs shareable images, videos, infographics, and other content using Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, or similar software.
- Oversees the visual branding integrity of the organization.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in communications, social media management, content creation, email list management and/or online fundraising at an advocacy organization.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong editing skills required; proven ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with great attention to detail. Initiative, energy, and judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; highly organized; an interest in civil rights issues; a can-do spirit and a sense of humor.
- Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
- To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills and experience. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.