Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
Muslim Advocates is seeking a Development Coordinator to support a growing individual donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
Muslim Advocates seeks candidates who are relationship and goal-oriented; enjoy engaging in person, in writing or electronically with donors and prospective donors; and are determined to do their part to fight hate and discrimination. The Development Coordinator will support direct mail and online fundraising campaigns, donor level communications, and cultivation efforts, including events. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging development professional to grow his or her skill set in a dynamic and nimble workplace. The position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
- Support multiple annual fund campaigns during the course of the year, including online and direct mail campaigns by assisting with content development, copy-editing, and other related activities.
- Develop and draft effective written fundraising solicitation letters, emails and other materials.
- Support donor engagement activities in key cities and regions across the country.
- Work with the Director of Development to determine solicitation strategies for increased giving opportunities within donors who contribute $500-$4,999.
- Occasional travel.
- Experience writing effective fundraising solicitation letters, emails, and other materials that are persuasive and error-free and with minimal supervision.
- A minimum of one year of event coordination experience.
- Comfortable working with a relational database with an understanding of the underlying structures and able to create reports.
- Superior organization and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Muslim Advocates.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter, and writing sample. Please click on or copy and paste the link to submit your application: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/y2rMSLk4ww/Development-Coordinator. Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Founded in 2005, Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination. For more information, visit http://www.muslimadvocates.org