Working to Halt Bigotry in its Tracks
Muslim Advocates is seeking to fill the position of Development Associate to support a growing donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
In a nutshell, the Development Associate’s role will be to manage our donor database, ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts, and generate reports, as well as provide crucial support of donor events and other development priorities.
The Development Associate is a full-time position, will report to the Director of Development, and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
The responsibilities of the Development Associate fall into the following key buckets:
- Database management: Oversee and maintain Muslim Advocates CRM, Salesforce; manage all aspects of Salesforce, including data quality and integrity, updates, corrections and queries
- Reporting: Develop and execute standard and custom queries, reports and lists with an emphasis on donor and prospect mailings and revenue tracking; produce monthly reports for accurate reconciliation with Accounting and Finance departments.
- Supports the development team: process all gifts received and produce timely and accurate acknowledgment letters and tax receipts; provide logistics support for donor events; manages fundraising materials and collateral; assists with mailing and other donor engagement activities; provides administrative and other support to the Director of Development.
- Donor stewardship support.
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Enjoy working both independently and in a collaborative setting
- Two years of fundraising experience and a sophisticated understanding of Salesforce / EveryAction a plus
- Able to work with sensitive information with discretion
- Personable and enjoy speaking with donors and volunteers
- Able to work occasional weekend and evening hours for donor events
- Have a demonstrated commitment to Muslim Advocates’ mission
In short, we are seeking candidates who understand the importance of timely and accurate data, appreciate the need to use discretion, are willing to assist their teammates to meet a goal, and are passionate about our mission of fight for freedom, justice, and equality for all.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
- To apply, candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest, skills, and experience. Please copy and paste this link to apply: https://muslimadvocates.applytojob.com/apply/a83GpXPs1I/Development-Associate.
- Applications are being accepted now and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Muslim Advocates is a leading national legal advocacy and educational nonprofit organization founded in 2005. Our mission is to use legal advocacy, policy engagement and education to promote and protect equality, liberty, and justice for Americans of all faiths, and to promote the full and meaningful participation of Muslims in American public life. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org