June 22, 2017
Issue: Muslim Ban
The Supreme Court is about to make a BIG Decision on the Muslim ban. Here’s what that means for you.
The Supreme Court will soon decide whether or not to accept the Muslim and refugee ban cases and whether or not to immediately lift the current block on the travel ban. These two decisions, which could be made very soon, will have a major impact on the Muslim ban and the rights of American Muslims.
Below, Muslim Advocates lays out the potential decisions the court could make. There are four potential outcomes:
- The Supreme Court may decline the case and keep the block on the travel and refugee ban. This would keep the status quo in place.
- The Supreme Court may accept the case and keep the block on the travel and refugee ban. This would temporarily keep the status quo in place until the court decides on the case, likely toward the end of the year.
- The Supreme Court may decline the case and let the travel and refugee ban go into effect. This could allow the travel and refugee bans to go back into effect within 72 hours.
- The Supreme Court may accept the case and let the travel ban and refugee ban go into effect. This could allow the travel and refugee bans to go back into effect within 72 hours and continue until the court decides on the case, likely toward the end of the year.
Muslim Advocates has a full explainer on what’s possible, click here to learn more.
- Supreme Court Muslim ban fact sheet
- Form to report profiling, detainment and searches at airports and the border.
- Muslim Advocates and Penn State Law: Center for Immigrant Rights’ Clinic’s Fact Sheet: Executive Order Restricting Muslim Entry to the United States
- Muslim Advocates’ Community Guidance:Restrictions on Muslim Entry to the U.S.
- Muslim Advocates Joins Interfaith SCOTUS Brief Against the Muslim Ban
Since 2005, Muslim Advocates has been on the frontlines of fighting for the freedom and liberties guaranteed to all Americans, regardless of their faith. The time to act is now. Add your name now to say you stand against President Trump’s Muslim Ban: