In light of the tragic attack at the Boston Marathon, Muslim Advocates has organized key resources on mosque and institutional security from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The materials provide special guidance to mosque, Islamic school, and Muslim community leaders on anticipating, preparing for, and reacting to any potential violence or backlash that may arise in the coming days.
Please feel free to distribute these documents freely to mosques, schools, and other institutions.
- DHS Guidance on Protection of Religious Facilities
- DHS Guidance on Protection of Higher Education Institutions
- DHS Publications & Resources for Schools and Houses of Worship on Conducting Security Assessment
- DHS Guidance on How to Respond to an Active Shooter – Booklet
- DHS Guidance on How to Respond to an Active Shooter – Pocket Card
- Guide for Developing High-Quality Emergency Operations Plans for Houses of Worship
- Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans